From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
Tropical Hawaiian Popcorn Mix
A tropical Hawaiian popcorn mix of Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple, toasted coconut chips, roasted nuts and drizzled with white chocolate. Perfect for a slightly healthier snack mix!
Spring weather in the Midwest is making us look forward to summer parties and trips to the beach. Until then, we’ll snack our way to warmer weather.
Looking for a healthy snack that transports us to a place of sunshine and happiness makes us realize we need to make some Tropical Hawaiian Popcorn!
When you think tropical, you surely think of pineapple and coconut. While these are delicious on their own, you can take them to the next level by bringing them together.
Popcorn balances out all the delicious sweetness and makes this a sweet and salty mix that everyone will request!
We prefer popcorn popped over the stove or in an air popper, but you can use whatever type you love the best. You can put this tropical snack mix together even faster by substituting your favorite store-bought popcorn. You can also skip melting the white chocolate and just toss white chocolate chips in for a trail mix style snack.
There you have it! Tropical Hawaiian Popcorn. A healthier snack that takes you to the tropics on any day. And you don’t even have to put on a bathing suit, sunscreen, or get sand in your shoes!
- 6 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1 cup Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple (diced small)
- 1 cup roasted, salted mixed nuts (chopped small)
- 8 oz white chocolate (melted)
1. Prep your popcorn. If you want to use already popped corn that is fine. We use whole grain purple corn kernels and popped the old-fashioned way, in a pot on the stovetop. Add a teaspoon of salt when it is freshly popped.
2. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and add the nuts, coconut chips and dried pineapple.
3. Toss to mix and spread out on a baking sheet.
4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or by the double boiler method on the stovetop.
5. When melted, drizzle over the popcorn and put in the fridge to harden it back up.
6. Break up your popcorn and stir in an air-tight container until ready to eat!