From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
We’re all about having healthy snacks on hand at Jali Fruit Co. What’s even better is when we can find ways to pair our fruit with other superfoods to make a snack bursting with benefits and flavor!
These Superfood Energy Bites are a little snack bite, loaded with nuts, dried fruit, flaxseeds, and chia seeds. They have a perfect nuttiness that comes from the almonds and jackfruit that is perfect for any time of the day or night.
You can make these bites with just about any type of dried fruit, but we’re partial to our dried jackfruit. You can also swap out the almonds for whatever your favorite nut is.
The best part might be that they taste so sweet which comes from the Medjool dates, but have no added sugar.
They are incredibly simple to make too. Simply add all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything comes together. You want the mixture to easily stick together between two fingers. Then simply roll into balls and refrigerate until set.
3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 7-8)
3/4 cup almonds, preferably raw
3/4 cup dried jackfruit (or your choice of dried fruit)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl of a food processor, combine the pitted dates and almonds. Pulse until coarse crumb-like consistency.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined. The mixture should be sticky and easily stick together between two fingers. If the mixture seems dry, add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time.
4. Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into an approximately 1-inch ball. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan and repeat until all of the mixture has been rolled.
5. Refrigerate for about an hour or until the balls are firm. Store refrigerated in a closed container. Makes 20-23 balls.