From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
Just when you thought dried fruit could only be used for sweet dessert and bakery recipes, we've partnered up with Chef Liz from Santosha Nutrition to show you the savory side of dried fruit recipes.
This Pineapple Curry Fried Rice recipe will definitely make your taste buds happy with a burst of flavors!
1 T sesame oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1 t minced ginger
4 rainbow carrots, medium dice
1 small red bell pepper, medium dice
1 small green bell pepper, medium dice
Pinch of salt
3 c cooked white rice
2 t turmeric
1 t curry powder
1 t garlic powder
1/4 c tamari
1/4 c Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple, shredded
1/4 c cashews
Parsley, for garnish
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add sesame oil, shallot and ginger. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add carrots, bell peppers and salt to the pan and stir. Cook for 5 minutes until carrots begin to soften.
3. Add white rice to the pan, but do not stir yet. Add turmeric, curry powder, garlic powder and tamari to the rice and then stir to combine, ensuring everything is coated.
5. Add cashews and Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple to the pan and toss once more. Cook for 5 minutes to develop flavor, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
6. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve warm.
This recipe is a great way to utilize leftover rice and a wonderful use for Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple! Pro tip: Use your fingers to shred the dried fruit into smaller pieces for the fried rice.