From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
There’s something about the blend of cinnamon, ginger and cloves that just spells holiday baking. When the aroma hits you, it transports you to the time of year when joy can be found around every corner no matter what the weather looks like outside.
These Mango Oatmeal Spice Cookies make the perfect treat to cozy up on a couch with or set out for You-Know-Who for a late night snack.
You can add any type of dried fruit to these cookies, but our favorite is, of course, our Mango-Rama dried mangoes. Chewy in texture and just the right amount of sweetness, our dried mangoes compliment the brown sugar and oats in this recipe for pure satisfaction.
This recipe was developed courtesy of Ozark Natural Foods.
1 c All Purpose flour (heaping)
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground cinnamon
1/8 t ground cloves
1/2 c salted butter (softened)
1/2 c brown sugar (packed)
1/4 c granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 t vanilla extract
1-1/4 c Old Fashioned rolled oats
1 c Jali Fruit Co. dried mangoes (diced)
1/2 c almond pieces
1 lime (zested)
1. In a medium-sized bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy, scrapping down sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Fold in oats, mangoes, and almonds.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, press into the shape of a log. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease or line a 13x19 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. On prepared cookie sheets, using a small icecream scoop, drop dough about 2” apart.
7. Bake 15 minutes, turning the pan around at 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lime zest. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack.
9. Store in air-tight container.
Download this recipe and more in the Jalidays Holiday Cookbook downloadable PDF here.