From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
Now you can enjoy your favorite fruits year round. Say hello to Party Pineapple, Mango-Rama and Mr. Jackfruit. So just how do we make Jali dried fruit? The Jali farmers are here to let you in on the secrets of their sun-drying process.
1. First the fruits are wild harvested by our rural farmers (like Felister). Wild harvested means the fruits are naturally picked from the trees by hand, we don’t use any automated equipment.
The Jali Sun-Drying Process
2. Now the fun begins! The fruit is then properly washed to get rid of any dirt.
3. Once the fruit is clean, the farmers peel and cut the flesh into slices that are just the right thickness so that when they are dried, they are deliciously chewy.
4. The slices are then placed onto one of our dehydrator trays. The trays are covered, stacked and left out to dry in the hot, tropical sun. The heat from the sun naturally pulls the moisture out of the fruits.
5. The farmers check on the fruit about every three hours depending on the weather to see if the fruits are drying properly. On a hot sunny day, the fruits can dry in as quickly as five hours to dry, but on average, it takes around 12 hours to dry one batch of Jali Fruit.
6. The process is really just that simple! It ensures not only that the fruit in each bag of Jali is as natural as the fruit on the tree, but also that the rural farmers we work with are able to produce a product without the use of unstable electricity or machinery. It also means each bag of fruit is high in nutrients preserved in the natural drying process.
Jali's All Natural Nutrients
Sun-drying is the most natural way to dry fruit. Using this process, the fruit retains all the essential nutrients including potassium, magnesium, Vitamin C beta carotene, flavonoids and more still remains tasty and fresh. Phytonutrients found in dried fruits such as mangoes, pineapples and jackfruit aid in the growth and development of the body. Dried fruit like our Mango-Rama have a high content of fiber which aids in digestion. Beta carotene is also great at improving sleep, memory and in overall good mental health.
Grab your favorite Jali Sun-dried snack today!