From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
Move over Peppermint Chocolate Bark! Just close your eyes and let this Holiday in the Tropics Bark transport you with a burst of flavors.
The white chocolate and dark chocolate means there's a little bit of something for everyone in this super simple recipe. You'll have to use some major will power while chopping all the tasty ingredients that go into this holiday treat.
Pair this decadent holiday chocolate bark with a cup of coffee, snuggle up with your favorite cozy blanket and crank up the holiday music for a perfect evening!
This delicious recipe was made courtesy of Pretty Plate by Michelle.
1/2 c Jali Fruit Co. dried pineapple (chopped)
1/2 c Jali Fruit Co. dried mango (chopped)
1/2 c Jali Fruit Co. dried jackfruit (chopped)
1/2 c raw almonds (chopped)
1/2 c roasted salted Macadamia nuts (chopped)
1/2 c roasted salted pistachios (chopped)
3-10 oz. bags Ghirardelli Melting Dark Chocolate Wafers (for the dark chocolate bark)
2-10 oz. bags Ghirardelli Melting White Chocolate Wafers (for the white chocolate)
** NOTE: use 3 bags if you want the bark to be thicker, use 2 bags if you want the bark to be a little thinner. Use an 11X17 inch baking sheet. **
1. Chop Jali dried pineapple, mango and jackfruit. Place all three in the same bowl and mix. Set aside. Chop raw almonds, roasted salted macadamia nuts and roasted salted pistachios. Place all three in the same bowl and mix. Set aside. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pot over medium to low heat. Add your dark chocolate melting wafers and stir until melted and smooth. Once melted remove from heat immediately.
3. Pour your melted dark chocolate onto your prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly using a rubber spatula. To help even it out even further, lightly tap the pan on your counter a few times.
4. Once chocolate is even begin sprinkling handfuls of your chopped sun-dried Jali fruits and your chopped nuts over the chocolate. Sprinkle as much or as little as you would like throughout.
5. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden. Remove from the freezer. Flip the chocolate over so the fruit and nut side is facing down. Using a hammer or your fist, carefully hammer into the chocolate and break into bark pieces.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy! Store any left overs in an air tight container.
** NOTE: Repeat steps 3-9 to make the white chocolate bark. **
Download this recipe and more in the Jalidays Holiday Cookbook downloadable PDF here.