From recipes and stories to news - we want to inspire you, teach you and of course make you smile.
Balsamic & Rosemary Jackfruit Flatbread
Recipe and imagery courtesy of Santosha Nutrition.
This Balsamic & Rosemary Jackfruit Flatbread recipe is easy to put together any night of the week and takes complex sweetness to a new level. To make this plant-based flatbread, we recommend using vegan cheeses, but you can just as easily use dairy cheeses.
1/4 c Jali Fruit Co. dried jackfruit
1 c balsamic vinegar
2 rosemary sprigs
1 gf pizza mix *
2 T minced garlic
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c vegan feta *
1 T fresh thyme
1/4 c shredded vegan parmesan
1 onion, caramelized
1/8 c walnuts, toasted
1. To a small pot, add Jali Fruit Co. dried jackfruit, balsamic vinegar and rosemary sprigs. Heat over medium and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minute and then turn off the heat, cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
2. Slice the onion and heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and onions to the pan -- stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium and stir frequently to avoid burning. Once the onions have softened, lower heat and cook slowly until caramelized, stirring once in a while for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425F and make your favorite pizza dough*. In a small dish, combine garlic, thyme and 2 tbsp olive oil - set aside. Toast walnut pieces in a small skillet over low heat just until fragrant -- cool and chop.
4. Remove the jackfruit from the balsamic reduction and shred into small
strips using your fingers.
5. Parbake the pizza dough (1 large or 2 small) on an oiled pan or pizza stone according to instructions. Brush par-baked crust with garlic & thyme olive oil and sprinkle half of the parmesan.
6. Top with caramelized onions, balsamic jackfruit and remaining parmesan. Bake for another 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and top with vegan feta crumbles*, walnuts and chives. Slice and enjoy this Jackfruit Flatbread!!